I'm from unlimited ninja wikia, I saw you 2 days ago in activity list then saw you made some edit, I checked your profile and saw the Wikias you putted in your Prifile, and checked all of them, well they were awesome. for example that HS Minion the link glowing when put cursor on and popup apear when you hold your cursor on it, it looks amazing, and that HEROES OF THE STORM (Heros section) I even didnt know that was possible it definately amazing, I was on Pokemon, Digimon, Duel Masters, Jessie, Megaman, MMKB Wikias and more frequently Narutopedia, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Unlimited Ninja Wikias(daily/weekly check), never saw those kind of coding (currently trying to understand HEROES/Minions coding checked source but didnt get the coding still trying on). I'm new to wikia and editing(1-2 months), still a beginner(still trying to understand coding through wikipedia(/wikimedia) only made some edit in Unlimited Ninja and YuGiOh(in my old account)), the sites(wikias) in your profile acctually made some ideas in my mind(to edit both YuGiOh and Unlimited ninja wikias)
Now I have some questions/requests(if possible)
I'm sure you crossed over many wikias and many pages, what I ask now is there any pages you found amazing as those two? I want to check them too to get idea to editing(never thought we can do those kind of coding as in heroes' page, want to get some ideas).
& I checked heroes source(coding) but didnt get how it done I'll contact the editor too about that but wanted to ask you 1st(if posible :)), how it done?(there).
& is there a place that the pages I work on put there before to see how they look before create the page, a place that no one other than me see the coding inside and dont mention the edits I dont in "Wiki Activity" just the place I could hide my precoding but I still saw it. I tried the "edit" and switch between Source Editor and preview but some coding are not show up there unless you save what you done, and Classic Edito didnt helped too :(, I wonder if there a place or anything alike I do my coding and no one else than me can see.
and Thanks for visiting our wikia(thanks a million)
and sorry for taking your time :)
(P.S sorry for Bad Eng, I tried my best to make my questions/problems clear as possible)
Anytime I find some cool bits of code I bring it here to my sandbox so I can play around with it and (hopefully) learn to understand it. I strongly encourage anyone interested in coding to do the same, as we're all allowed to have sandbox sites.
Feel free to take a look around - almost all of the pages are represented in the navigation menu up top. The only thing I don't have listed here is the Heroes portal for Heroes of the Storm. That was a cool engineering project that I came in after the fact to help spruce up and maintain - it's very complex ;)
great, I'll search around, and keep looking to activities. well I dont know howtobegin and what to put in(in my sandbox if I created) but I might do in future(when completely understand coding/wikia).
I'll. I'll try to understand the coding there but they might used other languuage to make it looks like that(truely enginering). true I tried to understand but still couldn't I wonder how much it took to me to understand it.
So Sorry for bothering. I want to learn wikia coding(designing), but being an editor can't help much to understand, so I made a desicion to make my sandbox sites(as you said) (Made a new account for that) since in your sandbox you made it(coding) so easy(explaining on codes), but there are something I want to ask(that I didn't found the answer :( )
-can I delete my wikia(sandbox) after I create and learn to coding? cuz the only purpose of creating is to undesrstand how to do things(as an admin, since other members can't do/learn much).
-and you are much more experienced on wikia, by looking your sandbox I can say that. how you find those stuffs?(source) I don't know much things :(
-and as you already have your sandbox, you are experienced on it, do you have any suggestion for me(a beginner)?(from your experiences).
-Can I code's in your sandbox to my(if I created) to move(in mine) and understand it?
-and the last thing, your and another Wikia member's(a wikia Star) Sandbox now on my list as a Precerence/Source, I'll search on different wikia(when I create my Sandbox) to find others Sandboxes(interesting Sandboxes). Do you have a Sandboxlist? I mean do you know any other members in wikia have sandbox?(I want to visit every Sandbox as I could).
Thank you for your time
and sorry for taking your time :( (I appreciate you job/Help)
1) I'd suggest keeping your sandbox even after you've learned coding - the reason is that there is always something new to learn and test. I'm constantly adding and updating things here, and I've had this one for years!
2) I edit on a lot of wikias, and if I see something that I like or something that is out of the ordinary I figure out where the code is located and then carry it over here. Then I can play with it and try to figure out how it works and how I can make it work for things I'm interested in. There's also the Developer wikia that's a good resource.
3) Patience. That's what I would suggest to always keep in mind. Some code is fairly straight forward - but some code is very dense and takes a while to sort through. Do it for fun and take your time!
4) I'm not sure what you mean; this site is only for me to test things in - otherwise things can get confusing very quickly. You're welcome to take anything you see here to your sandbox site, though.
5) one of the other staff sandboxes I'll visit from time to time is JoeLay's. He's been here a few years longer than I have. The site isn't organized, so it takes some looking around - I linked the page that lists all his pages, though, and he's a very friendly and approachable person. Like my site, his is solely for him ;)
1) Thank you, I'll keep my Sandbox untill I fully learn coding(atleast for a year), but later I might be busy to check weekly(maybe even mightn't check for month) so I want know if one created a wiki can she/he delete it later, but even after I might just write note(in Home) or hide things(with "<--!") so later if I get time, I can back to my Sandbox(since it's public).
2) That's GREAT, I'll check your Sandbox almost every day, and keep watching around to find amazing codes(other places). Thank you so much I added it to my list ^_^.
3) thanks a lot, I'll keep in mind "patient is a key", I love to learning and I won't give up on no matter how complex the codes be, I'll try my best to learn it and use it on my own way(changes) (and do it for fun ;) (yes) ).
4) lol sorry that was a miss typing I meant "Can I take* code's in your sandbox to my(if I created) to move(in mine) and understand it?", this is your field it'll be confusing if others too make changes here, I'll just look around and if I want to understand anything you do here, I only will take(the codes) to my Sandbox and try to learn there(not edit/change here). Thank you so much ^_^
5) Thank you so much it also added (JoePlay's) he has 122 pages(great) I'll also check his Sandbox daily(i wonder what I found there :) ), he had his Sandbox since 2009 he must collect many stuffs, and als his Home page is empty(got idea) I was thought about what should I write in Home page, so it won't be a problem to leave it blank for a while(till get an idea :} ).
Thank you Raylan many times for all help, sources, ideas, suggest... (thanks for visting us, and made my mind to make my sandbox, I might tell my friend to also make his sandbox(since he too interested in coding) with all infos I collected thanks to you).
Hello Raylan13 can you please help me? i really need help with the downloand of instalwow for mac...i cant downloand it when i downloaded it i choose linch king when the downloand finish i got a file called: wow Installation WoW i open it and i open the installer and it says: You can open the application installer because he applications PowerPC isn't available
Take a look at our webinar series -- where you can sign up to interact with Wikia staff, as well as watch past sessions
Be sure to check out Wiki Features to see what features you can enable on your wiki!
Explore our forums on Founder and Admin Central to see what other wiki admins are asking.
Lastly, visit our Help Pages to answer any specific question you may have.
All of the above links are a great place to start exploring Wikia. If you get stuck or have a question you can't find the answer to -- please contact us here. But most importantly, have fun! :)